Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Long Must I Wait - A poem

How Long Must I Wait

“Delusions are inexhaustible; I vow to end them.”
From the Four Great Bodhisattva Vow

You would think we’d grow tired of it:
this need to murder
in the desert
and then lament
those who have died.

Yet, when faced with
the twisted sinews
of the mind, frayed
and torn by so many years of –
is it neglect? misuse?
the wrong path taken again and again?
whatever it is,

I run straight to the temple
looking for answers,
to the question
of my suffering

as if that were the issue,
the thing that is
at stake,

How long must I wait?

Even the question
being asked,
keeps taking me further
from the truth.

2 comments:

  1. We spend so much time waiting on the somedays...don't we Nathan? I lament with you as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. all paths being wrong and waiting the most illusory path of all, a wishing well of time and place and being, in patience holding and letting go , letting time flow without demand or grasp, without expectation but with joy.... enjoyed this poem - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Creative Writing the Dharma by nathan thompson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at creativedharma.blogspot.com.